What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
1. Professor has lots of knowledge on the subject, but we need more insight on subject and more examples to understand the subject better
2. Strengths: very enthusiastic and energetic teaching style, excellent homework assignmentsWeakness: sometimes class feels rushed and the material feels "crammed" in
3. He kept changing what he was speaking about while he was speaking so he was very hard to follow. If you haven't been in this field for a long time, it was hard to follow since he made a lot of assumptions about our initial knowledge.
4. Strengths:Always willing to helpunderstands the problem
5. The example codes are very good. And the assignments are very successful.
6. The instructor demonstrate this course very clear and cohesive. And the material he prepared for this course is valuable.
7. Strengths: The instructor is very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the subject.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
1. Got to learn about different design concepts
3. Learning about patterns, that is, if I actually felt like I was really learning it.
4. got a start in java learned not only theoratical but also practical approcah to things
5. From the course I learn a lot of knowledge about the design patten which is very useful in the projects.
6. The contents in this course is useful for me as it's practical.
7. Pretty much all of it. I never realized how poorly I write code until I took this class.
What do you suggest to improve this course?
1. Better guidance and better approach
3. Teach it in order instead of jumping all over the place.
4. include better books and more theoritical approach to things
5. Maybe in the assignment part, the instructor can assign a project to a group to finish it. Then students can discuss and learn each other.
6. I hope to learn more patterns.
Comment on the grading procedures and exams
3. The homeworks were graded pretty harshly. If you had one of your Junit tests fail, then you'd fail the assignment. The exams were graded fairly.
4. grading was good except a tiny mistake in assigment caused many marks to be deducted
5. Exams is very good. because it tests the ability of writing code.
6. I'm satisfied with current grading.
7. Grading was fair. The instructor took into account any questions that may have been ambiguous when grading exams.
3. The professor was only available for office hours once a week which really isn't enough. I think there were probably other courses that should've been prerequisites, but there weren't really any.
7. This is one of the first classes I've taken in the graduate program at DePaul that actually had a direct correlation to the real world.