|Course:||CSC 447 801|
|Course Name:||Concepts of Programming Languages|
|Return to List|
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- Lectures were very well paced and explained. Concrete examples through code and whiteboarding were helpful.Sometimes we spent too much time on homework/quiz/worksheet from previous week, and had to hurry through subsequent material.
- The instructor was very excited about the material. The homework was interesting and useful, but it would have been nice if answers were a little less open ended. There were some instances where I was able to get the correct answers, but the way I got to them were not the same as the instructor.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Programming in scheme, operator strictness, safe vs not safe, boxing vs unboxing, etc. There was a lot of topics like these that I have heard coworkers discussing, or been asked in interviews, that I never deeply understood. This course helped understand these topics.
- This course gave a good understanding of why programming languages work the way they do.
- The google group where we could see all questions outside of class really helped with addressing questions that I might've had sometimes before I even knew I had them.
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- On exams can we have the questions and the selection of choices on one page, instead of flipping back and forth on two pages.
- I would have liked some examples of what to expect from the exams.
- In class activities, especially during a 3 hour night class, would be beneficial. Part or all of the worksheets could be translated into in class activities.
Do you have comments on the grading procedures and exams?
- Unit tests for the homeworks were very helpful
- You r awesome!
- Very well taught class overall! I learned a lot.