|Course:||CSC 447 801|
|Course Name:||Concepts of Programming Languages|
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- The instructor is great, very clear and is able to convey ideas and assist students very easily
- Is very good at explaining complex topics in a way that many leaner types can understand.
- Strengths: Ability to explain the concepts/problems step by step and if required uses layman language. I think that's prof. strong point.
- Professor Riely is very fluent and experience in teaching this course. I didn't spot any immediate weakness from the instructor, but I really wish could fill the lectures with more details and examples.
- The instructor is very caring, very knowledgeable and very helpful.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Very useful course for fundamentals
- The worksheets
- The lectures being on YouTube. It's a much better platform than D2L.
- The Discord guidance was truly beneficial
- Being exposed to functional programming & learning scala as a programming language.
- Every aspects of this course were very beneficial to me. This class helped understand how C programming language work. I learned a lot of new materials from this class even though I didn't give enough study time in this course.
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- The course has been laid out perfectly well!
- More training for the concepts can be helpful. More problem sets and practice exams builds better understanding of the content. Besides, the average of the mid-term in this course is very low, but the exam makes up a huge part of the total grades (The final is even higher than the mid-term).
- This is well taught and I have no suggestion to do.
Do you have comments on the grading procedures and exams?
- Grading was done perfectly alright.
- Homework graders can grade assignments slightly earlier.
- His grading is good.
- Thank you, Prof. Riely, for teaching us the PL concepts well and in detail. The lecture videos were up to the point.
- The lecture of this class is a bit hanging on the high-level sometimes. Getting into more details can be extraordinarily beneficial.
- I like the way he teaches this class and he is very helpful.